Did I really sign up for this mom thing? Sometimes I wonder if I knew it would be so emotionally hard. I have been wondering for a while if there was something going on with Luke because he has been acting a little different. If we are not there to get him right when the bus arrives, he starts to cry. The explanation came on Monday. He was picked up by Ben's mom and as soon as he walked in I knew something was wrong. Luke said Kalab hit him on the side of his head and then pointed and laughed. He was so scared and so embarrassed. I so wanted to go and hurt this kid. Who does he think he is to harass my sweet Luke?? Luke then went on to say that he is so mean and wears a chain! He also said he always yells "Kiss my ASP!" I told Luke that we do not say words like that and that Kalab was making bad choices. We talked with Kalab's teacher and she was so great to step in and make the situation better. She made Kalab apologize to Luke and even reminded Kalab that if he hits Luke again, Luke will hit back and Luke is much bigger than him so it will hurt! Then I talked to the bus driver and he already had experienced difficulties with this kid and gave him a permanent seat right by him. He also said he would watch out for Luke. I am so grateful for these people who help to make Luke's hard time a little easier. It has been 2 days and already he is getting back to normal. I know that I will have to face these hard times of watching my children hurt and grow but I wish I did not have to. Be tough my Luke! I am so proud of you for being the one to make the good choices.
*On a ligther note, Luke asked me this morning what I was going to name the baby. I told him that we were thinking Grey. He said "I like John" Then he thought for a minute and said "Mom, Grey is a color!" So smart. Hopefully he will not tease Little Grey about being a color.
No comments:
Post a Comment