We are the Childs family. Joey and I have been married for 23 years. We five beautiful and busy children: Luke is 21, Harlee is 18, Nash is 16, Gray is 15, and Tag is 13. Our days are CRAZY! We never stop going but love every minute of it!
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Too Close
On Monday night we had on of those experiences that you wish you did not have to go through. Luckily the outcome was so much better than it could have been. We had gone to Chuck A Rama for grandpa's birthday. As we were walking out I told Harlee to hold my hand. She did for one minute and fought her way out of my grip. She started running and I saw the lights come on the back of a white SUV. I screamed and she stopped. Her nose was maybe one inch from this car that was about to back up. For some reason, the car stopped and I ran to grab her. I was so sick. She was seconds away from being hit by that car. Joey and I spent the drive home talking to Luke and Harlee of the importance of being obedient. I told them that we do not give them rules to make their lives boring but we give them rules to protect them. As I was praying to Heavenly Father, thanking Him for keeping her safe, I was overcome with the idea of this is how Heavenly Father feels. He loves us so much and gives us guidelines/rules not to restrict us but to protect us. He knows that if we are doing what is right, Satan will have no power over us. He wants us all to be safe and to return to Him. Such perspective has come from this experience. I feel truly blessed to be a mom. I love my children more than anything and the thought of anything ever happening to them is just unthinkable to me. I am truly grateful for Heavenly Father's hand in my life and recognize it always.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nash's Patriarchal Blessing
Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now. Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...
-
Tonight was the championship Jr Jazz game and it was INTENSE!! They were a pretty level team and it made me nervous the whole time. We wo...
-
Nash came home from his day date, relaxed for an hour, and then got ready to resume his Homecoming date. He looked so handsome! Luke picke...
No comments:
Post a Comment