Monday, January 4, 2010

She did it and is still doing it!!


On Thursday night, New Year's Eve, I caught Harlee as she was starting to go to the bathroom in her diaper. I quickly stopped her and said, "Let's go try on the potty!". Up until this point she has been very willing to sit on the potty but does not want to try to go. She tries to bargain with us by saying she will just try to "toot". Well I knew she had to go and so this would be the perfect time. Within a minute she had gone on the potty. She was so proud of herself and we were so proud to. We have been telling her from the beginning that if she went on the potty we would immediately go to the store and buy her a toy. So we all loaded up and headed to Walmart. Since Luke still had his tooth fairy money he was convinced he was choosing a toy too! This was a long drawn out decision but Harlee ended up with a Dora doll and Luke chose a Lego set. I love how our Luke has the ability to make all situations about him!!

She has since been a champion with only one small accident on Friday. She goes in and goes potty by herself. No need to remind her, she just does it. I feel so lucky that after trying for months, when she finally went on the potty it just made sense to her. She is doing such a great job and we keep reminding her how proud we are.

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...