Friday was my birthday and it was such a great day. Joey was able to take the day off so I knew that we would have a nice time together. The day started offf with coming downstairs to find all the faces I love sitting by a stack of presents. They were all anxious to wish me a happy birthday. What a great start to my birthday! Then we were lucky to go to our first dr appt for this new little babe. The doctor said everything is looking great and we really appreciated that news. Then we were so grateful that grandma would babysitt the little ones so we could go to lunch. We went to California Pizza Kitchen and had the best food. I just love the quiet time that Joey and I get to spend together. We talked all about his trip and I loved every second. We then spent a little time shopping which is definitely what every gal wants to do on her birthday. The rest of the day we spent together as a family and it was all I could have wanted.
Saturday morning my dad had Jenna and I over for a birthday breakfast. He made us eggs, bacon, toast and a big mug of hot chocolate. We usually go out to breakfast on our birthday but I am all for a change in tradition. The homemade breakfast was so much better! Thanks Dad!
Sunday we had my whole family, minus my dad because he has gout, over for a birthday dinner. This was a big deal and it was so great. We all had a great time and I got to enjoy a family dinner with the most important person to me. Thank you so much Joey for making this happen. It meant the world to me.
I just want to mention the person with whom I have always shared this day with- Jenna. She is the best twin. I don't know what I would do without her. We have such a strong friendship and I love that we are so close. If I have to share my special day, there is no one I would rather share it with.
*My mom made these cute aprons for our presents. Love them!
No comments:
Post a Comment