I will be the first to admit that being a mom, although very rewarding, is a physically hard job. Today I was reminded that it is also emotionally hard. Luke came running off the bus today with a bloody nose. When I asked him about it he told me the following story:
Tanner told Cade to slap me in the face and he did.
Cade is Luke's little best bud and this made me really sad. We have struggled with Tanner for many years. He is a couple years older and loves to bully. I guess this happened on the way to school this morning. The bus driver stopped the bus and talked to Luke and Cade. He told Cade that if this was to happen again he would have to get a ride to school. So what to do? What a tough situation. I know that if it was me I would want to know that Luke had done this. So I called Cade's mom and left a message. I hope she calls me back.
So hard to let your kids go. I wish I could just be there with Luke at all times. I could help him make correct choices and protect him from situations like this. It is so hard to let him go and live his own life. I cannot imagine how much harder this mom journey is going to get. I will focus on the fact that being a mom has taught me to love more than I ever thought possible. We will focus on the good!!
No comments:
Post a Comment