Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Is this the beginning?


Luke has always been our whole hearted child. Because of this big personality I have worried a little that he might sometimes get in trouble in school. He is so passionate about what he believes in and I just worry that sometimes he would take things too far. Well on Tuesday I got this note home from Mrs. Westover, Luke's Kindergarten teacher:

Mrs. Childs,

Luke had two minor (minor was underlined four times) incidents today where he completely broke down. I have never seen him do that before so just wanted to let you be aware. Really, what happened was no big deal, but I am concerned about his reaction that he is okay. Please let me know if you find out that there is more.

Thanks,

Mrs. Westover

So I sent Luke to his room where we could talk quietly. I asked him what had happened and he said that he hit a girl Rachel. When I asked him why, he said it was because she would not listen to what he was saying. So I guess Mrs. Westover took him to her desk and "gave me a tissue and had a little talk". I am guessing at this point, Luke was upset and "pouted and got angry" which is what she told me on the phone. So we talked about what was wrong with this situation and that his behavior was disrespectful to his teacher. He then needed to write Mrs. Westover an apology. I gave him a card and he wrote sideways (so cute!) He wrote:

" Mrs. Westover, I am so so sorry that I got mad. I promise to not do this again. From Luke"

We then discussed how he should pray to Heavenly Father and apologize for his wrong choice. He is so funny. He said "I am sorry that I was mean and not nice at school. I am thankful that I have the greatest mom!" How cute and manipulative. How can I be mad after a prayer like that? He said that today was a much better day and I am praying that this is the one and only note that I ever get from one of Luke's teachers.

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...