Thursday, August 27, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Dedication


I was so lucky to attend the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Dedication on Sunday. Since Joey had been to a temple dedication before, he offered to stay home with the kids and I went to quietly enjoy the dedication. The temple is beautiful. We sat and watched a video of all the different rooms for about 30 min and then the dedication began. There were a few speakers and I was touched by all that they had to say. The first speaker spoke of the blessings of the temple and of the love our Heavenly Father has for each of us. The second speaker focused on how the temple blessings can overcome any trials. I loved that. No matter what we go through, if we keep focused on the covenants we make in the temple we can get through anything. The dedicatory prayer was given by President Monson and the Hosanna shout was by Elder Bednar. It was such a neat experience and I will never forget the way I felt that day.

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...