Sunday, June 7, 2009

Luke's Birthday Fun


I think we have all recovered from Luke's birthday fun and I finally have a moment to write about it. He had a fun couple of days. On Thursday night I was suppose to go to a RS meeting so Joey was coming home early. We planned to take Luke to McDonalds where they had just finished a new playplace. Joey got stuck at work and was not home until after 6pm. So I called Janet, the RS Pres, and she told me to skip the meeting and spend time with my family. What a blessing. We were then able to enjoy the birthday without any time restrictions. We spent about an hour and McDonalds and the kids had so much fun. Then we came home for presents. Luke was so excited because he got Venom and a web shooter. He also got some clothes, Spectacular Spiderman underwear, some candy and his Favorite Chips. After he tried everything out we sang Happy Birthday and ate his spiderman cake. As I was making it earlier he kept saying "This cake is so cool Mom!" That makes you feel so good! I also wanted to mention that Harlee was very sad that she was not getting presents. So Joey brought out all of the little gifts he received on his trip including a hot/cold pad, pens and a couple massagers. Harlee could not have been more excited. Great thinking Joey!

The next day Joey was off early and I took Luke to see the movie Up. It was a really cute movie and Luke was so good. It is amazing to see him sit and focus for 2 hours. Last year I took him to see Walle and we had to leave early because he could not sit still. Such a change. Then we got home and all went to Chucky Cheese as a family. It was really fun to watch them have fun. I hope Luke had a great birthday and we are so grateful to have him in our family.

No comments:

Nash's Patriarchal Blessing

Nash has been thinking about getting his patriarchal blessing for a little while now.  Harlee told him of how they did a devotional at HXP b...